Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bil - Talkin' 'Bout Conrad

Annelise Lawson has gone above and beyond in her understudy duties with this show. Not only has she memorized all the lines for Conrad, she's memorized ALL THE LINES.  She can reenact the entire show all by herself, Dario Fo style.  It's kind of amazing.

I've never had an understudy before, and I really didn't like the idea of telling someone okay, this is how I do it, try and mimic me the best you can.  So Annelise and I did a little bit more of sharing the character creation.  And since she's going on for me while I sit on my couch with tissues up my nose and a ton of vitamin C sources at arm's length, I thought I'd take this time to post a video made from a rehearsal we had, with audio clips of a conversation Annelise and I had recorded on an old-school cassette tape, talking about our experiences learning to act like a child.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment