Friday, December 3, 2010

Anna - creation of the world

The creation of the world is so important to all our production processes. For me personally my creation has a tendency toward the extreme tangible and the extreme abstract. There are so many of us that cannot wait until we start the creation of The Grisly/Glorious Adventure of Christopher Robin, Winnie-the-Pooh, and Billy Moon. I am starting with tangible.

I am creating the Essence (character/doll/puppets) for this show and I began with Eeyore because I thought he would be easy. (it isn't easy at all, and I'm afraid none will be, but this is going to be magical creation fun!)  I have only made a prototype and he will be the basis for the pattern, but I have found that this isn't just sewing and pattern making. There is a certain amount of sculpture and emotion that goes into this creation. This is why it is called the Essence, because they aren't going to be merely dolls, but our acting partners that are imbued with life and animation.

Here are 4 photos of the prototype of Eeyore for our spring show (March 2011) at Dream Theatre.







No comments:

Post a Comment